Homeowners Insurance Basics
Here are some home insurance basics:
• Your homeowners insurance will typically cover damage from fire or smoke.
• Theft of personal property.
• Damage from falling objects.
• Natural disasters such as windstorms or earthquakes.
• Medical expenses resulting from an injury on your property that wasn’t caused by a family member.
• Sewer backup or overflow if it occurs in a part of your house not covered by flood insurance (if you Have flood coverage).
• Mold remediation if mold is discovered in parts of your house not covered by flood insurance (if you have flood coverage).
• Damage due to freezing pipes.